I have been an AAMET EFT trainer for several years, however for various reasons I decided to move over as a EFT Trainer with EFT Master Karl Dawson. EFTMTA
Welcome to this Newsletter, May 2014
The Accreditation process is now well underway and AAMET now has at least 15 Accredited Master Trainers and Trainers who have completed the process and are implementing the new training and assessment programme with their current students. Congratulations to all of those who have already completed the process!
To those who have completed or who are part way through the process thank you all for your patience and for the very useful feedback as we began to process the applications and the online exams. It was a very steep learning curve for everyone involved but is now running quite smoothly.
We are very aware that the information put out about the Accreditation process has seemed confusing and for this we apologise. More information to clarify the process has been added to the AAMET website, Training area and it is summarised here in this newsletter. We hope that you will find it useful.
So, for everyone who has not yet begun their application for Accreditation or who has got part way through and then stopped here are the basic points:
AAMET International: How to Apply for Accreditation
· Applying for accreditation at Certified EFT Practitioner level or Certified EFT Advanced Practitioner level is a choice and not an obligation.
· Certified EFT Practitioners who are already registered with AAMET may choose to wait until they take Level 3 training with an Accredited Master Trainer or Master Trainer of Trainers and gain accreditation automatically as they qualify at that level.
· Certified EFT Advanced Practitioners who are already registered with AAMET who intend to go on to take the Master Trainer level of training are advised to gain accreditation at EFT Advanced Practitioner level first.
· Applying for accreditation at Certified EFT Trainer level or Certified EFT Trainer of Trainers level is a requirement if you wish to continue to train under the AAMET International name. You have until 30th June 2014 to begin your application, i.e. send in an application form and payment. If you choose not to apply for accreditation but still want to remain an AAMET member, your subscription can be amended to Certified EFT Advanced Practitioner level after 30th June.
· All necessary documents are available from the AAMET website. Please log in to see the full range of documents available for download from the Training Area,
or email firstname.lastname@example.org and ask for a copy.
· Download a copy of the AAMET Training and Accreditation Manual for information on the whole system or ask for a copy.
· Download an application form (choose the one designed for your current level of registration) or ask for a copy. Read the instructions.
· Use the templates provided within the application forms to request your references. It is easiest to copy them out of the application form and paste to an email, fill in the parts you need to fill in and send them directly to the people who are supplying your references.
· Make the required payment to the AAMET Treasurer using the instructions given within the application form.
· Fill in the application form and send it, with a copy of your CPD and Mentoring record for the past 12 months to email@example.com
· As soon as your application has been reviewed by the AAMET assessors you will receive instructions on how to access and pay for the new online Multiple Choice exam for the level of Accreditation you are requesting.
· Marking of the online exams is automated and rapid. You will receive a score and a report including feedback on any questions which were answered incorrectly. A copy is also sent to AAMET for our records.
· If your CPD and mentoring record shows any deficit in the required hours for these activities within the last year you will need to make up the deficit before the accreditation process can be completed.
(Minimum required is 30 hours CPD activities plus 6 hours of mentoring/supervision)
· Once the process is complete you can upgrade your membership level on the AAMET website and you will receive a Certificate of Accreditation.
We very much believe that the Accreditation process is a necessary step towards promoting more consistent standards of training and practice for EFT and so moving EFT towards greater recognition and acceptance as a valid therapy modality. We really hope that you will share our dream of seeing EFT move into mainstream use and will decide to go ahead with your application.
Please ask if you have any questions about the process in general or about your own application, or about applying for accreditation for people who are not yet AAMET members. firstname.lastname@example.org
The Accreditation and Training Panels
ABOUT AAMET INTERNATIONAL
AAMET International (Association for the Advancement of Meridian Energy Techniques) is a registered not for profit professional association, with clearly defined aims and objectives. We are committed to maintaining strong codes of ethics and practice and to establish ourselves as the lead training provider of Emotional Freedom Techniques.